Escrow London Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy is compliant with the provisions set out in the Data Protection act 2018.
We have done our best to write this policy in simple clear terms, but if you have any questions concerning this policy or your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is:
- Name: Escrow London Ltd
- Registered Address: DataSpace UK, Wincham Business Park, Wincham Avenue, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 6GB
- Tel: 0203 862 0380
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is: Evan Lever, 2b Redbourne Ave, London, N3 2BS, United Kingdom, 0203 862 0380
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site (our site), or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you report a problem with our site.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
For the avoidance of doubt, personal data in relation to this policy shall include (and shall be subject to the provisions in this policy) your name, email address, company name, phone number, and any other information you may disclose when sending us a message via our ‘Contact Us’ or ‘Get Quote’ form.
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline many of these technologies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
Here are examples of third-party providers of analytics and similar services we currently use:
Google: Google Analytics is used to track site statistics and user demographics, interests and behavior on websites. We also use Google Search Console to help understand how our website visitors find our website and to improve our search engine optimization. Find out more information about how this analytics information may be used, how to control the use of your information, and how to opt-out of having your data used by Google Analytics.
- LinkedIn – please visit LinkedIn privacy notice here
- Facebook – lease visit Facebook privacy notice here
- Twitter – please visit Twitter privacy notice here
Purposes and Legal Grounds:
Escrow London use personal data for the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Service
- Communicate with users regarding support, security, technical issues, commerce, marketing, and transactions
- Enforce our contracts, administering and carrying out our obligations under contracts, and complying with the law
- Complete corporate transactions such as mergers, sales of assets, or bankruptcies
We use the following legal grounds to process your personal data:
- Escrow London processes your personal data to perform our contract with you for the escrow services. The legal ground for processing is contract.
- If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from Escrow London , Escrow London will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about Escrow London products and apps. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your preferences in your Escrow London account or through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Transfers and Sharing of Personal Data
Escrow London is a global business. To offer our products, apps and services, we may need to transfer your personal data to other Escrow London companies in other countries.
When you create a Escrow London account, add personal data in your account profile, or upload data to Escrow London, your personal data will be collected and stored on Escrow London servers in the EU. Personal data regarding individuals who reside in a country in the European Economic Area or in Switzerland is controlled by Escrow London.
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
- Third parties who act for us or provide services for us, such as billing and credit card payment processing, maintenance, sales, marketing, administration, support, data enrichment, hosting, and database management services
- Outside professional advisors (such as lawyers and accountants) for purposes related to the operation of our business such as auditing, compliance, and corporate governance
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, or third parties, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation:
- To be informed about our processing of your personal data
- To have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and incomplete personal data completed
- To object to the processing of your personal data
- To restrict of processing of your personal data
- To have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- To request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- To move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”)
- In relation to automated decision making, including profiling
Retention of Personal Data
The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data:
- We will retain your personal data as long as your Escrow London account is considered to be active.
- We will retain financial information about your account 6 years after the end of financial year
- We will retain technical information about your visits to Escrow London websites and use of Escrow London services for 12 months
We request individuals under 18 not provide personal data to Escrow London. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
We have implemented measures in an effort to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information in our custody and control, including only providing access to personal information to employees and authorised service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this document.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. To provide you with an increased level of security online, access to your personal information on certain of our websites may be protected with a password you select.
- We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
- We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication.
Contact and Complaints
If you have a complaint in relation to this policy, please contact us by emailing email@example.com and we will do our utmost to resolve the matter.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with:
- Name: The Information Commissioners Office
- Address: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Tel: 01625 545 745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org