Top 5 Benefits from Git Integrated Software Escrow in an Agile World.
Software escrow solutions are commonly used by companies of all sizes as an integral component of software license agreements. Software vendors use these agreements to protect their IP and demonstrate best practice, whilst their clients as the end-users are looking to secure their continued use of critical software applications and the investments into them.
The majority of software development teams today now embrace the Agile development methodology. Agile is an approach to software development under which requirements and solutions evolve through the collaborative effort of cross-functional teams. It advocates adaptive planning, evolutionary development, early delivery, and continual improvement, and it encourages rapid and flexible response to change
With Agile and Git at the forefront of software development, Escrow London identified that it only makes sense to integrate them into the software escrow process. In 2017, Escrow London developed their own proprietary system to connect directly to the software developers Git’s and sync the source code on a daily basis to dramatically increase the quality of the escrow deposits and remove the burden of manual deposit administration.
Top 5 benefits from Git integrated escrow:
- For the beneficiary, using Git integrated escrow ensures that the source code deposit is always current. This methodology prevents a situation of outdated code being released following a trigger event.
- For the developer, depositing their code automatically from a Git removes the burden of having to make manual deposits via FTP or creating a physical deposit. The process is automated and once setup does not involve any day to day management by the developer.
- Automatic deposits directly from the developer Git integrates into the Agile methodology and build and deployment processes. This ensures a dramatic increase in the quality of the software escrow deposits compared to manual deposits.
- Data security is greatly enhanced using Git integrated escrow. The data is encrypted before being uploaded to ensure maximum security. Some escrow vendors still require developers to send data on USB drives or DVD’s in the regular mail.
- Git integrated escrow provides cost savings for regular deposits. Traditional software escrow agreements typically enforce a fee of £150-£350 per additional deposit after the initial deposit has been made.
To learn more about Escrow London and how their Automated Deposit service from Git can add more value to your escrow arrangements, visit www.escrowlondon.co.uk